Speaking recently with Battleground Podcast, AEW owner Tony Khan offered some details on the decision to use licensed songs at the promotion’s events, despite the increased costs that come along with the choice (per Wrestling Inc). Khan explained his view that licensing the media provides AEW with continuing production value igoing forward, despite the sometimes high initial investment price. You can find a few highlights from Khan on the topic and watch the full interview below. On how he views […]
One of the most anticipated concerts in St. John’s in recent memory is just hours away. Seven-time Grammy Award winner Alanis Morissette is set to take the stage tonight and tomorrow night at the Churchill Park Music Festival.
The 49-year-old Ottawa-born singer-songwriter skyrocketed to international fame in the mid-1990s with her breakthrough record Jagged Little Pill, selling more than 30 million copies.
Fans can expect hit after hit from that album alone in the setlist—something Morissette told VOCM’s sister station K-Rock wasn’t just thrown together.
“I think we’re basically taking everything from the last 25 to 30 years and creating this kind of tapestry of songs that peppers a bunch of different decades,” she said. “And the order of the songs in the setlist really matters a lot to me, so we put a lot of time when we were rehearsing in making sure that the journey, emotionally, had its own arc.
Morissette says she looks forward to immersing herself in her music, along with the thousands in front of her.
“I go in a trance when I’m on stage so I always look forward to that, and then we do it together. It’s just a giant invitation to feel and think and move. Anything you need.
Opening acts for tonight’s show, which is sold out, include Newfoundland’s own Paige Penney, Montreal’s Metric and Meg Myers.
Kellie Loder and Feist will open for Morissette on Saturday night.
Key Take Away:
– Alanis Morissette is set to perform at the Churchill Park Music Festival in St. John’s for two nights.
– The seven-time Grammy Award winner will be showcasing songs from her breakthrough album Jagged Little Pill.
– The setlist has been carefully curated to create an emotional journey for the audience.
– The opening acts for the sold-out concert include Paige Penney, Metric, Meg Myers, Kellie Loder, and Feist.
Facts about Alanis Morissette:
- Alanis Morissette is a Canadian singer-songwriter who gained fame in the mid-1990s.
- Her breakthrough album, Jagged Little Pill, sold over 30 million copies worldwide.
- Morissette has won seven Grammy Awards throughout her career.
- She is known for her introspective and emotionally charged lyrics.
- Morissette’s music often explores themes of love, anger, and empowerment.